Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Pecan Crispies

Here's a recipe that reminds me of Mom's magic as a baker. Her stuff always tasted so damned good. These were one of my husband’s (Paul) favorites (as long as Mom made them and not me).

I’m typing the recipe word for word, but I warn you, mine have never, ever turned out like hers did. Hers always came out flat and really crispy (like in the name), but mine are always soft and chewy.

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong, but I know this is the recipe she used because I watched her make them! From this recipe!

Lois’s Pecan Crispies

½ cup butter or margarine
6 T brown sugar
6 T granulated sugar
1 egg
½ tsp. vanilla
1 ¼ cups sifted flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. each baking soda and salt
1 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugars until light. Beat in egg and vanilla Sift together dry ingredients; blend into creamed mixture. Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from pan. Makes 2 ½ dozen.

Don’t forget to add a pinch of love and enjoy!

Good luck!

No comments: