Sunday, April 14, 2019

You Could Probably Use the Money


June 16, 1962
Fairbanks, Alaska

(continued)

Sure wish I could say you were coming up in a couple of weeks but I can’t. Darn it.


Glad to hear the kids are being so good will try and send them something from here soon. Got in a full week last week and only got 12 hrs this week but will be able to send you some money. Have you had any luck getting rid of the boats or old Ford, hope you have, you can probably use the money.


Glad for you the kids are being so good and that Billy is going to Bible School, too bad Carla can’t go too. It’d sure get her out of your hair for a while. Give them both a big hug and a kiss from me and tell them I love them very much.


Sounds to me like you might as well go to Sears and get a new T.V. seeings I’m so uncertain right now about when you’ll be coming up. I know you miss it and it’s a lot of company for you. Go ahead and get it on credit of you want.

(to be continued...)

Note: I had to laugh at the comment about getting me out of Mom's hair for awhile...makes me sound like a real terror. As far as I know I wasn't, (my brother might have something to say about that) but I do know Mom was totally stressed out about the lack of money and Dad being gone. She certainly was a trouper!

No comments: