Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Don't Forget (Me)



June 6, 1962, Letter to Kids #1
Fairbanks, Alaska
 

Dear Billy & Carla:


Miss you both very much.  Sure wish you were here.


Hope you are helping mommy like I told you too (sic).  Be a good boy and girl and I’ll send you something from Fairbanks real soon.


All my Love,Daddy



P.S. Don’t forget to be good.  Remember you promised daddy you’d eat like a big boy and not cry too.

Love, Daddy

Dad & Billy (1959-ish)

P.S. How’s daddy’s girl behaving.  Good, I hope.  Don’t forget to help and take your nap like a big girl.

All my Love, Daddy

Dad, Billy & Me (1960)


Note: According to Mom, one of Dad’s biggest fears was that his kids (Billy - 4 years old & Carla [me] - 2 years old) would forget him while he was away.


No need to worry, Daddy. We didn’t!
 

No comments: