Friday, April 19, 2019

Bub's Not Much of a Bed Partner


06/18/1962
Fairbanks, Alaska
(Conclusion)

Don’t feel bad, I guess I miss you as much as you miss me.  I love you very much and am trying to get squared away so you and the kids can be with me.  You know I get pretty darn lonesome myself and Bub’s not much of a bed partner, he tries to take the whole works.

You probably don’t know it but June 22nd is the longest day of the year here.  About 22 hrs of daylight then they start getting shorter.  In the winter guess it’s really “hell” till you get used to it’s ever getting light outside and a temp of 60 or 70 below.

How do you think you would like to live under those conditions?  Right now the weather is real nice, temp between 70 & 80 and it’s plenty warm.

I’m not trying to discourage you but thought you’d like to know something about the conditions here so you could think about it.

Well sweetheart, guess I’ll close for this time and answer Mom and Ruthie’s letters.

By the way dear, I sent 4 rolls of film to you.  The black and white are of scenes along the way and the colored one I saved for the prettiest pictures.  Am sending a list for the colored ones, hope they turn out good.
 
          Closing now, miss you and love you very much. 
          Your Loving Husband, Bill    

No comments: