Friday, August 9, 2019

Well Darling...


July 12, 1962
Fairbanks, Alaska

...continued

Sure sorry about Tiki, but you did the right thing and am glad the kids took it so good. They’re a couple of real troopers and little darlings too (sometimes), most of the time. Tell them not to worry because when you get up here, we can get them another dog. Maybe you won’t want to tell then that though, I know you’re all going to miss her and it’s really my fault.

Well darling, I saw Neil yesterday and he said he hasn’t heard from Irene in over a week but that she did send him a collect telegram, $4.50, about the car, I guess. When I asked him about the title, I don’t think he liked it too much and told me he’d sent it about a week ago then changed it and said 3 or 4 days ago. He’s still trying to talk me into going into the cabin with him, but I’m going to stay where I’m at. I don’t think much of living in that part of town.

You know in a way, I hope Irene goes ahead and send the stuff up here and to the apartment, it would serve him right. You can bet he isn’t doing without anything he wants. To tell you the truth, I’m beginning to wonder if he even wants her to come up here or not. He told me he traded off his two rifles and got him a new pistol and belt and the whole works. Even said something about a reloading outfit too. 

*Note: I always thought Tiki made it to AK with us, but apparently, I was wrong! I'm not sure why Dad thought it was his fault she died, but it makes me sad that he did.

No comments: