Friday, August 16, 2019

Pray Hard That I Don't Let Us All Down


 July 12, 1962
Fairbanks, Alaska

...conclusion

Well sweetheart, tomorrow I’m going to see about another job. If I get it, I’m going to start working on getting you up here. From what I understand so far it only pays $2.50 per hour, 5-1/2 days. If I get it, am going to look at a small house, think we could get along in a 2-bedroom house? If you want to work and help out, maybe we can get ahead. There’s a chance to make more money too. Keep your fingers crossed and pray hard that I don’t let us all down.

Got a letter from Kenny the other day but haven’t got around to answering it yet. Also got one from Mom & Pop that I have to answer.

Well, honey, I can’t think of too much more to write about so guess I’ll close for this time and will send you some money soon.

By the way, have you heard from Bub or seen him? He’s got $50 I loaned to him to get home on. If you haven’t got it yet, call Chas Fosdick and ask for Bub. He said that was one of the first things he would do when he got home.

Am going to sign off now and hoping to hear from you real soon with an answer.

Tell everybody “Hi” and give them all my love.

Goodnight sweetheart and I miss you and the kids and wish very much you were here.

Love and Kisses,
Always,
Bill
XXXXXXX

P.S. Did you ever get any more money from the credit union?

Love & Kisses,
Bill
XXXXXXXXX

No comments: