Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Sweetheart, Darling, Honey

July 12, 1962
Fairbanks, Alaska

...continued


Sweetheart, what you told Irene was okay, because I’d sure hate to have her know much more. I really feel sorry for her and he’s now talking about letting her go to California with his mother when she has her heart set on coming up here. So just keep on telling her anything. I’d hate for it to be you that told her, let him do his own heartbreaking.

Darling, think about what I said earlier about working and if you decide you want to, we’ll get you up here and quick, even if I have to borrow the money, and I think I can. So, let me know and I’ll start trying to find a place, it’d probably be an apartment or a small house.

You know honey, it’s too bad about Kathy, but I can’t feel sorry for her too much. But I agree with you that Flo should know what she’s doing to Rainy. Also think Flo would be smart to pack her things and send her home and let her mother take care of her. My opinion. She’s just sticking her neck out and is going to get it chopped off.

Too bad someone didn’t let me know they were coming and I could have gone out and seen them. Only live about 2 miles from the airport on the only road going to and from it. You know they might have landed or taken off almost right over us. They do a lot of times. Wait until you write to her and tell them it was only 2 lousy miles between all of us. Bet she’ll flip.

I thought I told you the name of this place but maybe I didn’t. In case I did and you forgot or I didn’t tell you, it’s “The Riviera Boatel” on Airport Rd. about halfway between town and the airport. Sure would liked to have seen them. Dammit.

to be continued...

No comments: