Thursday, August 8, 2019

Hang On If You Can


July 12, 1962
Fairbanks, Alaska
 
My Dearest Lois & Kids:

Received both your letters and will try to answer both at once if that’s alright with you. Sure glad you had a nice birthday and wish I’d been there. Maybe I did the wrong thing by coming up here but I hope not. Have really been trying though. You’ve probably received my letter saying I had a steady job. Well, I thought I did but it didn’t work out too good. He found a guy who knew more about bus work than I did and let me go. Sorry it turned out that way, cause I thought I’d hit it pretty lucky.

But I haven’t given up and have been sending as much as I can to you. So please hang on if you can a little longer.

By the way, I talked to Hank and his wife (Doris) and asked them about work for women. Doris asked if you could type and I told her you could. She said there was a lot of work for typists here as long as you could type 45 words per minute. I said I thought you could. Also, the pay is real good too. She said some of the girls make over $400 a month. How does that sound to you?

No comments: