Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Goodnight Lover


July 25, 1962
Fairbanks, Alaska

…conclusion

Honey, don’t feel bad about the rain we had, about 4 days in the last week, and it’s sure cooled off too. The temp. has been down in the 50s and like you said, it’s a nice easy rain, the kind people like to get.

Well sweetheart, you know how much I miss you and the kids and it sounds like they are really growing up. Probably end up being mommy’s little darlings instead of daddy’s. Don’t get mad, sweetie, I was only kidding. You see, I know they love us both the same amount.

Honey, from what you’ve told me, Billy and Carla sure have tried to be good, so go ahead and get them some new things if you want to. I think they’ve really earned them, trying to be good and help you. I know they’re naughty sometimes, but they’ve tried, so give them a treat once in a while for me too.

Will close now so I can get some sleep as it’s almost 12 o’clock p.m., you know, midnight when things used to happen.  Guess I’d better shut my mouth before I say too much and you get embarre-assed (can’t even spell anymore).

Goodnight lover and don’t ever forget how much I miss and love you and the kids. Closing now and going to get some shut-eye.

All my love and kisses,
Always,
Your loving husband,
Bill

P.S. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me and tell them how much I miss them.
Bill

P.S. Got a letter from Dollie but haven’t had a chance to answer it yet. Like I said, I’ve been helping Noel in the evening and on Sun. (my day off) work here at the boat and get them moved out of their house. It sure helps on the rent and eats and is sure swell of them.

Love always,
Bill

No comments: