Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Miss You All Very Much

July 9, 1962
Fairbanks, Alaska

...continued


By the way sweetheart, how is our pet Tiki doing?  Sure hope she’s alright now.  Know how much you and the kids would miss her if anything happened.


Tell the kids daddy sure does miss them and wish they were here.  Also, I’ve been saving pennies and a few silver dollars for them.  Sure miss you all very much.


This afternoon Jim Sweeney (he’s one of the cooks here), Jerry, another guy, and myself are going for a ride to Cripple Creek.  There’s an old place there called the Malamute Saloon and it’s quite a tourist attraction because it’s fixed up just like it was in the old days.  It’s got sawdust on the floor and the people wear old-time clothes.


Well sweetheart guess I’ll close for this time cause I can’t think of much more to say.  Except I love you very much and wish you and the kids were here with me now.


Tell everybody hello for me and when I get more time will write to more of them.



Love & kisses,

Always,

Bill

XXXXXXXX

...to be continued 

*Note: When he says, "...guess I'll close for this time cause I can't think of much more to say," I have to laugh because the next post consists of the three post scripts he added to this (for him) already pretty long letter! :-D

1 comment:

Pennie E. said...

Hate to see the letters coming to a close, but I know how their story ends.... happily ever after!