Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Together Forever

Mom and Dad had an agreement, one year in Alaska and if she still wanted to go back to Michigan, they would.

Needless to say, that never happened. Mom loved it as much as Dad did and never wanted to leave.

The rest of their story is simple, two years after Billy, they had me. Mom drove up with Billy and me and, after Dad got a job at the power plant in Fort Greely, we lived in Delta Junction, where they had Lori. Melanie was born later, after we moved to the Matanuska Valley. Together they raised four kids and lived the adventure of life in the last frontier.

My next several posts will contain poems Mom wrote about her life in Alaska and there is where, I'm sad to say, this blog will end. Their lives were full and happy and now they sleep, together forever, in the cold, hard country they loved so much.

What more is there to say?


Please join me next week for the first of Mom's poems: My Trek










No comments: