Friday, March 20, 2020

Solitude


Come with me up this wooded shady path. This I think, will be a walk in search of solitude.

Such a beautiful place – this mountain trail, the greens, blues and even the shady places hold a fascination for me. I wonder if the animals that live and walk here are aware of their good fortune – probably not – even we humans fall far short in that respect.

It’s cooler here in the wooded shade but oh so fresh and clean. I wonder why our lives can’t be this way – why can’t people have fresh, pure thoughts and really love each other – then could all people really appreciate nature, the land and each other.

It’s peaceful up here close to the sky. I think I’ll sit here and let my soul soak up the freshness and peace I find here. No noises to irritate the ears and mind, only the sounds of nature to please and soothe the bruised and battered nerves.

The wind is so soft and soothing, just that fresh, easy breeze to clear the mind. The smells of cleanness everywhere, dew on the grass and bushes, and that sky – from here it resembles a lovely blue blanket dotted here and there with the fluffy white that makes me think of sterile cotton.

How I wish everyone of all nations could find their place of solitude, then maybe some of the world’s ills could be cured.

My solitude is here – in this land called Alaska. I ask only to be able to live here in peace and to be able to truly enjoy the lessons nature has to teach to all who care to listen.

Lois E. Schoppe

No comments: